Saturday 31 March 2007

Still searching

Next time I whinge about anything, please remind me that it’s all going to be different next week. Yep, I know that I mostly complain about weekly changes, but like most things in life there is a good side to it as well as bad. After a week of Cat screaming her head off every time I tried to put her down for a nap, I decided that I'll have to hold her all day long and will never again manage to get anything done. And then the new week came and she changed her mind about where she wants to sleep. For the two weeks now she is happy to be held still for 2-3 minutes before being put into her cot and once I lay her down she smiles at me, turns her head away, sticks her thumb into her mouth and peacefully goes to sleep (ok, not every time, but unquestionably most times). And she sleeps so well in the afternoon for 2-3 hours that I have plenty of time to relax and do my own things.

What wonderful things did I do? Well, I finished reading one book (more about it later) and tried to nap once (but was woken up by some religion salespeople – not sure who they were exactly, but definitely not Jehovah witnesses) and drank many cups of tea (current favourite is mint). But mostly I was looking at the real estate sites for a new place to live. Everything seems to be too small or too expensive or too far from the station or in really dodgy area or unfurnished or available too late or unsuitable for a baby. But at least some ads provide a little bit of amusement. How do you like this description from one of them? “…peaceful development dating from 1761 set in wide open spaces by the river. This former munitions manufacture and military warehousing site has been beautifully landscaped” We still have time to find something perfect, otherwise we’ll lower our expectations or raise our rent budget in a week or two.

No comments: