Saturday 12 April 2008

Hi

I disappeared from blogging again, didn’t I (at least the verbal, non photo type one)? I needed to be silent, to think, to adjust to the new life circumstances. I gave myself a week to plan and to finish off few non-urgent chores that were sitting at the bottom of my task list for too long. And somehow one week turned into two and I started to get frustrated at my perceived lack of progress. I have the tendency to focus on things not done slighting my own accomplishments. This leads to the discouragement and disinclination to do anything. However my awareness of this downward spiral helps me to fight it: I wrote down the competed tasks and improvements made (we are certainly eating better and healthier now), I made new task lists, cleaned up (after the house mess reaches a certain point it starts to affect my mood in a very negative way), looked at my finished craft projects and others posts and photos. And today seeing Cumin Cat’s finished crocheted necklace made me want to pick up my crochet hook and instilled into me the new desire to create and communicate, so I thought I’ll say a quick hello to you all today :-). Hope you are having fantastic warm weekend.

2 comments:

Yeah So said...

I'm the same way about messes. When it gets to a certain point we have to drop everything and clean or else it's a very unhappy house. And isn't it great how crafting can immediately lift your spirits? Hang in there!

Tanya said...

I sometimes find it hard that some things are never done. E.g. You can wash your clothes, but you will still have clothes to wash. I realised one day that there will never ever be a time when I have completed all the tasks on my to-do list because things are always added to it. So I agree the answer is to focus on what you have gotten done and just get to things one at a time. :)