Thursday 22 May 2008

Japan: the introduction


On Monday afternoon we returned from our trip to Japan for Tracey's (she is my husband's cousin) and Aki's wedding. I wonder how much you want to read about our trip, probably less than I am going to write. While in Japan, at times I felt that my trip consisted of being stuck in a tiny hotel room, walking around LalaSquare shopping centre and Utsunomiya train station complex. However on our arrival back my slightly altered perception of everyday things and the feeling of being away for weeks stunned me. Hence I guess it was an interesting trip full of discoveries and lessons; while traveling in Europe it is easy to forget how different other cultures can be and yet how similar people everywhere are. I was planning to write all my thoughts down, and then organize them into coherent posts. However after two days of being at home and struggling to get anything done due to jet lag, I decided to just start writing in a hope to document at least some of my experiences and thoughts while they are still fresh. So be prepared for a long, rambling and not always coherent series of posts.

2 comments:

Polina said...

So where are all these long, incoherent and rambly posts?! me wanna read more about Japan!!! AAAA

Rachael said...

Oh, I want to hear about Japan! Please, do tell so I can travel vicariously through you.